ISS Australia’s Client Charter sets out our commitment to providing our clients with quality services. To help you understand what to expect from ISS Australia, the Charter sets out the service standards by which we operate. It also explains what we expect from you as a client.
What we do
ISS Australia provides casework and advocacy services for children, families and individuals who are separated by international borders. We work in partnership with other members of the international ISS network who are located in more than 140 countries worldwide.
Our commitment to you
We will provide you with a quality service where we:
- Treat you with courtesy and respect
- Provide a clear explanation of the services you will receive
Our services standards
The staff and management of ISS Australia are committed to providing a service that is timely, open, accountable and responsive to your needs.
As a client, you can expect the following from ISS Australia:
- The highest quality of service, irrespective of your race, gender, religion, age, marital status, disability or sexual preference
- Access to an interpreter if you need one and written materials provided in your preferred language, subject to availability of funding
- The opportunity to participate, whenever possible, in decision making for your case
What we ask from you
- Treat ISS Australia staff with respect and courtesy
- Provide us with adequate and correct information so that we can deliver the best possible service to you
- Attend appointments at the agreed time and if you cannot attend, let us know as soon as possible that you need to reschedule
- For those services that have fees associated with them – pay your fees promptly, when payment is requested
- ISS Australia staff have the right to refuse to provide you with services or to discontinue service provision if you are abusive or violent towards us
Privacy and confidentiality
Suggestions and complaints
We welcome your feedback on what we do and how we can improve our services. If you are not satisfied with the services we have provided to you, please tell us so that we can improve.
Client feedback is sought regularly through our Client Feedback Form. If you wish to give us feedback at any time, please ask us for a form.
We are committed to providing quality services to all our clients but understand that sometimes people may be dissatisfied. If you are not happy with our services, you should speak to your caseworker about this.
If you prefer, you can speak to our Executive Director (contact the National Office) who will carefully consider your concerns and respond within two weeks. If you are still dissatisfied, you can write directly to the President of ISS Australia who will respond within a similar timeframe.