Intercountry Adoption Tracing and Reunification
International Social Service (ISS) Australia’s Intercountry Adoption Tracing and Reunification Service provides free specialised search and reunion services to intercountry adoptees and adoptive parents, including those adopted through expatriate adoption arrangements.
ISS Australia’s experienced ICA Tracing and Reunification specialists assist intercountry adoptees to navigate the often complex journey of accessing their records and searching for their birth family overseas, including support as they begin and progress through the complex reunification process. Our service is staffed by qualified professionals who understand complex intercountry adoption issues.
Our Intercountry Adoption Tracing and Reunification Services includes:
- Information, support and counselling to intercountry adoptees and adoptive parents regarding their decision to trace birth family
- Tracing birth family overseas through the resources of the ISS network and other relevant agencies in the adopted person’s country of origin
- Guidance and support to intercountry adoptees considering or undertaking independent tracing of their birth family
- Counselling and support to intercountry adoptees, adoptive parents and birth families as they begin and progress through the complex reunification process
- Referrals to specialised services and support networks, where appropriate
Accessing the Service
If you would like to enquire about or access our Intercountry Adoption Tracing and Reunification Service, the first step is to contact us:
Phone 1300 657 843 (local call cost) or email email@example.com.
This service is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services and is free of charge, Australia- wide. Services can be offered face to face, via telephone or online communication.
About your privacy
Our Intercountry Adoption Tracing and Reunification Service is confidential and the privacy of you and your family is paramount. We will seek your consent prior to sharing your details with other agencies, as required by the Privacy Act 1988.
Click here to read ISS Australia’s Client Charter.
Download our service brochure here.