International Parental Child Abduction – Legal Assistance
ISS Australia’s International Parental Child Abduction Legal Assistance Service provides free expert legal assistance to:
- parents in Australia whose children have been taken or kept overseas without consent
- parents in Australia seeking access to their children who are living overseas
Our qualified legal staff can assist by:
- providing information to parents and organisations about:
- how to reduce the risk of a child being taken from Australia without consent
- the legal avenues available to secure contact with a child living overseas
- the legal avenues available to help recover children from overseas
- providing legal assistance to:
- recover children who have been taken to or kept in one of the 86 countries bound by the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction 1980 (Hague Convention)
- enforce access rights regarding children living in a Hague Convention country.
- assessing the likelihood of securing the return of a child from overseas
- assessing the likelihood of obtaining access to a child living overseas
- preparing applications and supporting documents for return or access through the Hague Convention
We can assist by:
This service is provided Australia-wide by qualified lawyers experienced in family law and located in ISS Australia’s Victorian (Melbourne) and NSW (Sydney) Offices. It is free of charge (funded by the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department (the Commonwealth Central Authority).
To access our IPCA Legal Assistance Service, or to refer a client to it, please call ISS Australia’s National Helpline phone number – 1300 657 843 (local call cost only) – or email email@example.com.
ISS Australia also provides International Parental Child Abduction Social Work Support and International Family Mediation services. Referrals to these services can be made at the request of clients.
International Parental Child Abduction (IPCA) Legal Assistance Service
Download our IPCA general information brochure here.
Download our IPCA Legal Assistance Service brochure here.