1300 657 843
Professional Referral Form
International Family Mediation
International Family Mediation (IFM) is a service offered by ISS Australia that provides expert, impartial assistance in the resolution of family separation disputes across international borders. Since the service began in 2012 it has assisted hundreds of families in over 30 countries.
Our accredited Family Mediators are specialised at facilitating sessions between couples affected by separation or divorce across borders. Our Family Mediators are also qualified Social Workers and work closely with each party to assist in the resolution of issues around parenting. IFM is the only international family dispute resolution service that also provides support to parents.
How does it work?
- Initial intake and screening of both parties to determine if mediation is appropriate
- Co-mediation model facilitated via Zoom Video conferencing
- Online mediation delivered via Zoom Video conferencing
- Issue of a 60I certificate for the Family Court of Australia, where appropriate
Why International Family Mediation?
In matters of family dispute, mediation is proven to be a better alternative for a child’s long-term development and well-being. Mediation sessions are not about resolving past relationship issues between parents, but instead coming to an agreed arrangement that is best for the children involved.
ISS Australia also operate as part of the global International Social Service network. We have offices in over 140 countries who can assist. Further, interpreting services are provided at no additional cost.
What is the role of the Mediator?
- Determine suitability of both parents to proceed to joint sessions
- Ensure parents remain child focused throughout sessions
- Ensure that any agreements made promote the best interest of children
- Remain independent and neutral to all parties involved in the process at all times
- Facilitate conversations that allow parents the opportunity to safely discuss and resolve parenting issues
Our team are experienced in cross cultural and international family dispute resolution.
All ISS Mediators are qualified and accredited by the Commonwealth Government. In addition to their Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) qualification, our mediators are also qualified social workers.
ISS Australia’s Family Mediators cannot provide parents with legal advice. All parents have the right to seek legal advice throughout the mediation process and are encouraged to do so.
The IFM Service does not receive government funding and charge fees in order to offset costs. The fees associated with our IFM Service are in AUD as per the below table per person: